Help us plan the next COLS three-day conference!
Sunday, January 20, 2019 at 12:30 PM to 3:30 PM
Optimist Club of Stoney Creek, 890 Queenston Road, Stoney Creek, ON L8G 5E5
Call to Order
The meeting was called to order at 12:35 p.m.
Attendance was taken and 17 people were present.
4 people sent regrets to the meeting.
Adoption of Agenda
Agenda adopted as is.
Adoption of Previous Minutes
November 11, 2018
Deferred to next meeting.
Quarter Board Meeting
February 8 and 9, the Optimist will be having their Quarter Board meeting. COLS has a table and will need volunteers.
Successful staff participants will need to prove by March 15, 2019 that they have applied for the Vulnerable Sector Police Checks. Staff will be reimbursed with receipts. COLS must have the original.
Deadline to apply is January 27, 2019. Successful staff will be notified in middle of February.
|Chairs / Staffing Leads|
Lead Reporting System Online
The leads were happy with the online reporting system. Some tweaks may need to be made and bugs fixed.
Updates from Leads
- Finance: Deferred to next meeting
- Registration: 19 students registered. A student is coming from Calgary and Ottawa each through private sponsorships. Expecting registrations to pick up after exams.
- Sponsorship: Optimist clubs have been making pledges. Saveena to reach out to all the clubs personally.
- Program: possible theme ideas: food around the world, healthy lifestyles, holidays, Canadian cities. Suggestions were given to Cindy about other theme and panel ideas. Members of the committee gave their views on different choose your own adventure activities.
- Staffing: see item #9.
- Communications: Elisia is working on finalizing a post card and packages for potential sponsors.
Thank You Cards for STWM
Natalie will be writing the thank you cards for the Scotiabank Charity Challenge.
Input was given about the use of the online meeting tool. Our next meeting will utilize both in person and online as a test.
Next Meeting Dates / Changes
March 17, 2019 - likely in Stoney Creek
April 27, 2019 in Toronto
The meeting concluded at 1:30 p.m.
Meeting minutes are added after the conclusion of each meeting and are only final once approved in a subsequent meeting.