Help us plan the next COLS three-day conference!
Sunday, March 17, 2019 at 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM
Optimist Club of Stoney Creek, 890 Queenston Road, Stoney Creek, ON L8G 5E5
Call to Order
The meeting was called to order at 1:10 p.m.
Attendance was taken and # people were present.
# people sent regrets to the meeting.
Adoption of Agenda
Agenda adopted as is.
Adoption of Previous Minutes
January 20, 2019
Awarded to Ola Bajorek and Nicole Smith
Updates from Leads
- Update from Board of Directors: James Fraser provided background information on the Board of Directors and its composition of 10 individuals. Aileen Cruikshank is new vice-chair. Helen Fraser has taken a step back after volunteering for over 20 years. Janet Lewis, Optimist Club of Brampton, also has over 20 years of volunteering with COLS. Roles include maintaining status as registered charity, reporting to CRA, insurance, banking, and facility workings, etc. Next Board meeting will take place after the seminar.
- Finance: Donations coming in and to be cross-referenced against previous years. Contract signing to happen in near future with UTM. Board will look into possible change of location for future years including McMaster and Guelph. All current expenses and revenue to be listed on financial statement that will be emailed out following meeting.
- Registration: 80 students registered so far. Number to dramatically rise before the end of the month when deadline occurs.
- Sponsorship: Discussion to be tabled regarding general sponsorship from Optimist being attributed to staff costs. James Fraser to speak to Waterdown Optimist Club. COLS always willing to come speak to clubs. COLS to look into having a representative in each Optimist Club. Further discussion to happen about fundraisers for local clubs
- Program: Theme has been decided. Speakers and dance provider finalized. 5/6 CYOA activities decided on.
- Staffing (Senior Leaders, Junior Leaders, Logistics): All staff have been selected!
- Communications: New postcards and business cards printed. Working on media relations pitches and further communications updates.
- Club rep tweaks will be happening for the next year.
- Different events discussed for the future to further engage alumni.
- Alumni committee to venture into COLS on Campus
- Outstanding inventory may go online for flash sales.
- Discussions ongoing with Jostens.
- New smaller items to be added to store such as keychains, pop sockets, and buttons to continue.
- Police Check Reminder (receipts to be given at training if reimbursement required)
- COLS is on LinkedIn
- Slack to be brought up at next meeting
- EOLS to come visit this year's seminar.
Next Meeting Date
April 27, 2019 (Saturday) at 12:00 p.m. in Oakville
The meeting concluded at 4:00 p.m.
Meeting minutes are added after the conclusion of each meeting and are only final once approved in a subsequent meeting.